District School Nurse: Mrs. Jennifer Krause, BSN RN
Office Phone: (920) 582-5803 ext 3134
Welcome to the health services page for the Winneconne Community School District! Here you will find information on health care needs, school sevices, vaccinations and much, much more.
Many illnesses, including colds, are the most communicable at the beginning of the illness. In order to prevent the spread of illness to other students, we ask that you pay close attention when your child is not feeling well. This is the best way we can help provide a safe and healthy learning environment for our students. Here are some guidelines to help you determine that:
- An oral temperature of 100.0 F or higher (the child's oral temperature must be less than 100.0 F for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before returning to school)
- Cold symptoms serious enough to interfere with your child's learning
- Children who are vomiting and/or have diarrhea the night before or morning of school must stay home until they are symptom free for 24 hours
- Coughing that interferes with the child's learning and those around them
- Coughing and/or wheezing that is causing difficulty breathing or moderate chest pain
- Undiagnosed rash or open sores with drainage
- Red swollen eyes that itch and are draining or have a crusty appearance upon awakening
- Head lice infestation
- Has been diagnosed with a contagious disease such as strep throat, impetigo, pink eye, scabies or ringworm. The child must be prescribed antibiotics and have taken for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
- Has been diagnosed with a communicable disease other than listed above. Please contact the school nurse to discuss when the child should return to school.
Medication at School
Screenings and Additional Services
Health Information and Community Resources