ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – serving breakfast & lunch
- Breakfast – Elementary school serves breakfast at 7:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. Students must take 3 items 1 of which must be a half cup of fruit to qualify as a breakfast. Please discuss this option with your child(ren) as to whether or not they plan to participate in this program, so you don’t have unexpected charges on your account.
- Lunch - During lunch, your child(ren) will punch in his/her PIN number while waiting in line. If your child(ren) is taking cold lunch and would like to purchase milk only, he/she must delete the lunch charge that automatically comes up first, or you will be charged for a lunch and a milk. Teachers will be there to assist them if needed. Each child must take 3 out of the 5 items offered and 1 of those items must be a half cup of fruit or vegetable to make it a reimbursable meal.
- Morning Milk - We also offer milk during morning break. The number of milks your child(ren) takes during the month is recorded by the teacher. The charges for the milk are taken out of your account daily. Please discuss this option with your child(ren) as to whether or not they plan to participate in this program, so you don’t have unexpected charges on your account.
MIDDLE SCHOOL – serving breakfast, lunch & ala carte items
NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH IN THE LINES.
- Breakfast - The Middle School will open at 7:30 a.m. for breakfast and ala carte sales. The “Grab and Go” breakfast along with a milk meets the government standards for a nutritional breakfast. Students must take 3 items 1 of which must be a half cup of fruit to qualify as a breakfast.
- Lunch - The Middle School runs two separate lunch lines. One line serves a traditional lunch such as tacos, spaghetti, and pizza with fruit, vegetable salad bar, and milk. The second line is “Fast Tracks” (this is a variety of sandwiches, chef salads and subs that are individually wrapped for speedy service). This line also offers a fruit, vegetable salad bar, and whole grain chips and milk. Please inform your child(ren) that he/she must take 3 of the 5 items offered and 1 of those items must be a half cup of fruit or vegetable (not including ala carte items) for it to be considered a lunch. If they do not have 3 items, they will be charged separately for each item.
HIGH SCHOOL – serving breakfast, lunch & ala carte items
NOTE: THE HIGH SCHOOL DOES ACCEPT CASH FOR PURCHASES IN ONE LINE.
- Breakfast - The High School cafeteria will open at 7:30 a.m. for breakfast and ala carte purchases. The “Grab and Go” breakfast options along with a milk meets the government standards for a nutritional breakfast. Students must take 3 items 1 of which must be a half cup of fruit to qualify as a breakfast.
- Lunch - During lunch students may purchase items separately or they may purchase a combo lunch which includes at least 3 of the following items:
1 - Entrée (sandwich, pizza, chef salad, wrap, sub or fruit bowl)
2 - Sides (fruit, vegetables, lettuce salad, juice cup, potato salad, french fries)
1 - Milk
1 - Bread item (breadstick, dinner roll or whole grain chips).
Students must have 3 of the above items and 1 of those items must be a half cup of fruit or vegetable to make it a combo meal if not they will be charged separately.
ALA CARTE – served during breaks and lunch at the Middle School and High School
Ala carte items are items not included in a lunch. Allergy and Limit form is posted on the web site, this form to be filled out every year by parents to set limits and restrictions on your child(ren). No ala carte purchases can be made if your account has a negative balance. Please remember that our food service program moves hundreds of kids through the lunch line as quickly as possible, so we don’t always notice that your child(ren) has exceeded the limits you have set. We do try our best to remind students of the limits that have been set for them. Please discuss with your child(ren) the limits and restrictions you have requested in an effort to avoid unwanted charges.
The District policy on negative balances is as follows: Elementary School, Middle School and High School students with a balance over negative $10.00 will be able to obtain a meal in the form of a peanut butter pocket and a milk. Your account will be charged $1.25 for this. If after 5 days the balance remains negative, the matter will be referred to the principal and the guidance department. Please be aware that positive and negative balances from last year are carried over to the current year. If your account is negative at the start of the school year, you may not be able to participate in the food service program. If during the school year you notice charges that you don’t agree with, please call and we can try to work these out. PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR BALANCE. This can be done online or by contacting the Food Service Department.
Payments can be made online through Family Access, or by sending your check to the following address:
Winneconne Community School District
ATT: Food Service Account
P.O. Box 5000
Winneconne, WI 54986-5000
Payments can also be dropped off in a locked box located at any of the schools. Please enclose your payment in an envelope marked with the name of the child(ren), the payor’s full name and the amount. Payments must be received before 9:30 a.m. at the Elementary Schools, 9:45 a.m. at the Middle School, and 10:30 a.m. at the High School to be posted to your account that day. For your own documentation and to ensure accurate processing, please consider sending payment by check or money order instead of cash. To ensure your child(ren) will be able to eat lunch, drop payments off as early as possible.
Food Service Director